Antler Decor

June 5, 2013

I know I've expressed my love of antler decor more than a few times here on Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home}, and I even have a Pinterest board dedicated to the stuff.  Months ago, and I mean MONTHS ago, I purchased a small, unadorned rack of antlers at an antique mall in Michigan. I chose them specifically because they weren't mounted on anything.  Many of the antlers there that day were mounted on plaques covered in dirty old red velvet.  Hhhhmm.  No thanks.  I went with the naked model, of sorts.

Knowing full well that I'd have to DO something with them myself.

Not a surprise, if you know me.  Turning something into a project is as natural as breathing for me.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them, and luckily I found just the right plaque already painted white at Michael's.  What are the odds?  I think it was like $1.99 or something crazy cheap like that. 

My only problem was how to attach them to the plaque.  I don't want to spoil it for you now, but I will say that there were a number of glue gun failures before I finally reached a positive end result. 

No, these are not yet attached.  I was just holding them for the picture.  I'd say the project is about 90% done at this point.  Problem is, the other 10% is a real bear.  You see, once I painted it and attached it to the plaque I had to find just the right place to hang it, right?
So, I'm working on the final tweaks to make it all right and pretty for you, and I'll be sharing that final product with you soon.
In the meantime, why not check out my antler decor Pinterest Board? Hope to see you there!
I'll be linking up here:

Leave a Comment!

Anonymous said...

Looks great, Kathleen! I have these and haven't added mine to a plaque yet- now, you've taught me what to do! I love the basket and the antler project turned out great!

Donna Wilkes said...

I love the look of antlers painted white. I have not been able to find any around here lately. That wall of antler mounts is fantastic.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I'm sure you'll find the perfect spot for them.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

hum, well now you have me guessing...How did you attach them? I can't wait to see the final project!


Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kathleen, I have a couple of pairs too! I know they will look great on your wall.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Antlers are not something we see all that often here in Australia, so I enjoyed seeing your antler display. Thanks for sharing them at Shabbilicious Friday.

Related Posts with Thumbnails